Why is the oil light on?
Your Cadenza‘s oil light may come on because of the following reasons:
- Low oil level: your Cadenza may have an oil leak, or it may be burning oil.
- A faulty oil pressure sensor: the oil pressure sensor may be damaged, dirty or unplugged.
- A bad oil pump: the oil pump may not be pumping the amount of oil it should. In this case, it should be replaced.
- Worn-out piston rings: if these rings are worn-out, there will be excessive oil consumption which may be accompanied by white or gray smoke. Worn-out piston rings may also be identified by the slow acceleration of your Cadenza.
- Wrong motor oil: if the oil that you use for your Cadenza has a lower viscosity than the required one, there might be leaks and the oil may drip into the piston rings and the valve seals. If the oil is too thick, the oil flow will decrease while its pressure will be higher than it should. This may lead to engine failures. If you want to know more about the different oil types and which one is the right one for your Cadenza you can read the following article:
What engine oil does your Cadenza need?
⚠️ No matter what made the warning light turn on, you should try to solve the problem immediately since the engine of your Cadenza may be in danger.
Have you found an error in this guide? Let us know
Was this information useful?